Walsingham Abbey Grounds & Shirehall Museum
The Shirehall Museum is in a 16th century building that was built as a hostel for important visitors to the Augustinian priory next door. In the 1770s it became Walsingham’s court house and the court room, which was in use until 1971, is still intact. The museum tells the stories of Walsingham as a place of pilgrimage from 1061, and of life in the two Norfolk villages of Little and Great Walsingham. In addition to housing the Tourist Information Centre the museum is the start point for guided of walks of Walsingham. Your museum ticket includes entry to Walsingham Abbey Grounds – 18 acres encompassing the priory ruins, river walks and woodland. These attractive grounds have been managed to be wildlife-friendly and are famed for their spring snowdrops. Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours.
No Events listed at present
Travel and parking
In the centre of Little Walsingham. Pay and display parking nearby. Public transport: Norfolk Green bus 29.
Shirehall Musem March – 5 November.
Child (6-16) £2.50
Family (2 adults & 3 children) £45
Unlimited entry for one year from date of purchase. Free guidebook with season ticket purchase (normally £5)
Facilities and access
Other access information: Telephone for further details.